AXI Privacy & Cookie Notice
AXI respects and protects your privacy.
This privacy notice will explain which personal data are collected by AXI and how and why we use and protect these data.
This policy applies to AXI NV, AXI BV en Ground lion NV, hereinafter referred to as “AXI”.
AXI NV is the parent company and therefore designated as the data controller.
The content of this Privacy Notice applies to the data processing via the websites of AXI, services, apps and software and, in general, to the communications that AXI conducts with you.
To provide the best possible service to you and your business, AXI needs to store and use contact information and other information about you.
We process your personal data with due observance of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). This Regulation shall take effect on 25 May 2018.
Personal data we collect and use
AXI only collects and uses personal data for specific reasons. We always limit ourselves to what is strictly necessary.
- Under our contractual agreements, we naturally store contact information (name, position, address, zip code, location, email address and telephone number) to communicate with you about similar products or services.
- If AXI employees receive your business card with your contact details, they will include those in our CRM system so that AXI can stay in touch with you.
- Through the contact form on our websites, by direct or telephone calls or by registering for an event, we give you the opportunity to provide us with your contact details (name, position, address, postcode, location, e-mail address and telephone number) and your interests. With your permission, we will continue to use this data afterwards to send you information about our products and services. With every communication via e-mail, we offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe.
- At trade shows/events, AXI may take photos for promotional and/or marketing purposes, including the use of photos on LinkedIn or other social media. If this is the case, AXI will make every endeavour to obtain your consent prior to taking or using the photo. If you object to the use of a photo, you can notify AXI thereof, after which AXI will immediately remove the photo in question.
The necessary cookies are those cookies that are necessary to ensure the AXI websites work properly. The law allows us to store the necessary cookies on your device. All other types of cookies require your consent.
Preference cookies allow us to optimise your user experience. After you have given us your explicit consent, preference cookies collect information about your selections and preferences, such as language and region. The data collected by the preference cookies do not violate your right to privacy.
Statistical cookies are used for analysis and research. After you have given us your explicit consent, the statistical cookies map your use of AXI websites in anonymised form. You right to privacy is not violated by the collection of data via the statistical cookies.
Marketing cookies are used to track your browsing behaviour when you visit the various AXI websites. The marketing cookies generate data in the CRM software used by AXI about your browsing behaviour within the AXI websites. They ensure optimal interaction with social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook, and also offer the option of showing you relevant advertisements.
You can change your cookie preferences via the CookieBot cookiebar on AXI websites. You can use your browser settings to disable cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to use certain functions. If you would like to know more about cookies and how to delete or reject them, please refer to the 'Help’ function in your browser.
- Job applicants will be informed from the beginning of the procedure that their CV can be stored in the recruitment reserve for a maximum of 3 years in Belgium and 4 months in the Netherlands, in order to be able to contact them for similar positions. They will be completed deleted afterwards.
- In order to protect our property, CCTV cameras have been installed around and within our buildings. The footage will be kept for a maximum of 4 weeks, but will only be consulted, viewed and stored for a longer period (until the moment the incident is settled) in the event that an incident has occurred.
How do we secure your data?
- The ISAE 3402 type II quality declaration, which we obtained at the end of 2017, confirms that we consider information security to be very important. AXI NV obtained the ISAE 3402 Type I quality declaration at the end of 2016. The declarations show that the management processes set up by AXI are actually implemented. In addition, the independent audit assures customers that the services meet stringent security controls.
- All AXI employees sign a confidentiality agreement, in which they undertake to treat the information they come into contact with as part of their job as strictly confidential at all times. To this end they follow a number of clear guidelines, receive training and are regularly made aware of their responsibility.
- AXI has a highly secure ICT infrastructure, most of which is located in external Tier 3 data centres in the European Economic Area.
- Personal data will not be processed for individual or third-party purposes and will not be forwarded to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless this country offers adequate protection.
- If AXI makes use of external parties, partners or subcontractors for certain services, we conclude processing agreements, in which their obligations with regard to confidentiality and information security are set out. If your data is entrusted to them, they will be given a clear assignment and these data will only be used for this purpose.
Your data is carefully handled so that it is correct and up to date. We will store your data for as long as is necessary to comply with our contractual and/or legal obligations. After that, all remaining personal data will be deleted or made unrecognisable in accordance with our customer agreements.
The following principles shall apply:
- Invoices and contact details for the implementation of the agreement shall be stored for 7 years in connection with the storage obligation imposed by the tax administration.
- Photos are stored for maximum 1 year.
- CCTV footage - unless an incident has occurred - is stored for a maximum of 4 weeks.
Your rights as the data subject
- You have the right to retrieve, rectify or supplement the data we collect about you.
- Under certain conditions, you also have the right to request that we erase or store your data, but not process them any further (for example, to substantiate a legal claim).
- If you believe that AXI does not lawfully handle your personal data or violates the law, you have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (in Belgium) or with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (in the Netherlands).
- If we process your data pursuant to your consent, you also have the right to transfer your personal data to another data controller or have it transferred to another data controller.
Amendments and questions
Questions about the processing of your personal data or a motivated requests to rectify, supplement or erase your data can be submitted online or sent by e-mail to our Data Protection Officer at DPO@axi.be or DPO@axi.nl or by post to AXI NV, Data Protection Officer, Molenweg 107, 2830 Willebroek (Belgium), after which we will reply to you within four weeks.
For any other queries regarding personal data you can also contact our Data Protection Officer through the aforementioned contact details.
This privacy statement may be amended by us. The amended version will always be announced on our website.
Version of 12/12/2019
AXI NV - Molenweg 107, 2830 Willebroek (Belgium)